Bachelor of Science in Nursing from accredited program preferred or cCN n ACN competence in providing leadership. Electrophysiology experience. Nursing skills and knowledge should bespecifically in the realm of electrophysiology. Displays knowledge and ability to promote health education on arrhythmias and treatment options to patients, colleagues and healthcare team members. Expertise in performing and interpreting 12 lead EKG's and stress tests.
This coordinator role works within the clinic and the procedure area to assure the patients receive optimal care, coordinate scheduling and education. with the patient. Strong knowledge of EKG and EP processes are highly preferred. This is a role for a seasoned registered nurse, BSN prepared. This is an integral component to the success of the EP program.
Basic overview of expectations~
Responsible for coordination of patient care, protocols and clinical pathways throughout the Electrophysiology Center, particularly the Atrial Fibrillation Management Program, and the Left Atrial Appendage Closure (EP group),
Harrington Heart and Vascular Institute
Coordinates and performs outpatient clinic visits. Provide patients clinical guidance and scribe medical notes. Contact patients with tests results and treatment plans, including:
1. Remote monitoring, pre-procedural outpatient ordering, pre and post procedural instructions
2. Educating patients on procedures, conditions, medications, etc.
3. Procedural scheduling, completion of FMLA/disability paperwork, renewing medication orders.
4. Renewing medication orders, assisting patients in enrolling into drug subsidy programs.
5. Prior authorization medications, peer to peer consults for medications and procedures
6. Research referrals/recruitment and database entry
7. Attending education opportunities associated with electrophysiology, patient care, and technology advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Location/Region: Cleveland, OH (US - 44101)